Newham Bridge School fully recognises its responsibilities for safeguarding children. Our policy applies to all staff, governors and volunteers working in the school.
There are five main elements to our policy:
- Ensuring we practice safe recruitment in checking the suitability of staff and volunteers to work with children;
- Raising awareness of child protection issues and equipping children with the skills needed to keep them safe;
- Developing and then implementing procedures for identifying and reporting cases, or suspected cases, of abuse;
- Supporting pupils who have been abused in accordance with his/her agreed child protection plan;
- Establishing a safe environment in which children can learn and develop.
Please click here to read our Safeguarding Children Policy in full